Category Manager – General Merchandise
Overall Purpose: A successful
category manager contributes to the profitability of each store by increasing
the volume of products that are sold within the category, and improving the
rate of inventory
turnover within the category.
duties and responsibilities
- Providing category buyers with
customer focused insights regarding the product and category so to achieve
successful buying plans.
- Create and develop long term plan and
strategy for development of the category.
- Planning and
driving category sales budgets.
- Responsible for
managing inventory and for effectively planning and forecasting in order to
maximize the profitability of the inventory flow.
- In liaison with
category buyer; is responsible for setting competitive pricing points, and
adjusting the pricing to increase sales and clear out stagnant items from
- Often work
closely with buyers to expand successful product lines, and implement successful
- Determining both
local and overseas product trends and converting these into sales
- Ensuring all products meet legal and statutory
- Designing promotions both monthly and seasonal
to maximize sales.
- Ensuring the product mix achieves the
department's financial objectives.
- Perform quarterly range review
- Bachelor’s degree/Masters in Business
Administration or related field
- Diploma in sales and marketing or any other
relevant diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience
Key Skills and
- Good communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Good customer service skills.