Purpose: To install, repair, and maintain pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in commercial and industrial buildings.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components.
• Select the type of size of pipe required.
• Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures.
• Assemble and install valves and fittings.
• Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment.
• Performing root cause analysis on plumbing equipment failures to prevent reoccurrence.
• Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing and materials required.
• Install, repair and maintain underground storm sanitary and water piping systems.
• Install, repair and maintain water heaters and conditioners.
• Test pipe systems and fixtures for leaks.
• Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet code requirements.
• Identify required tools and special equipment.
• Participating in any other duties that shall be assigned by management from time to time
• Minimum diploma in plumbing.
• Minimum of 3 years proven experience in maintenance of industrial plumbing repairs and installation.
• Knowledge of electrical power and control associated with industrial plumbing.
Key Skills And Competencies:
• Strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
• A high level of integrity and reliability.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English & Swahili).
• A team player with attention to details and follow up.
• Ability to work and deliver under pressure.
What We Offer
· The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team being the leading retailer.
· A unique opportunity to advance your career to the next level.
· A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.