Purpose: The role is
responsible for leading custom web development throughout the entire project
life cycle. The role will be given the
freedom of building custom web sites using your own leadership and programming
skills. The web developer should be
capable of full cycle project leadership including application architecture,
design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and .NET
we are looking for an individual who is motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys
finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and
takes extreme pride in their work. If
you thrive by working side by side with one of the most experienced and
professional teams in the industry while leading your solutions to successful
completion, consider this opportunity as the next level in your professional
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead the
development on internal applications as required by the business
- Foster a customer
and service oriented culture across functions
engage with the business units with the aim of understanding their processes to
support and automate thought technology in order to improve their service
- On time delivery
of assigned projects.
- To play a part in managing
site migration projects involving liaison with external contractors, optimizing the use of resources and ensuring timely progress.
- To undertake the testing of design elements and site functions aimed at optimizing user experience and improving user engagement working with other colleagues as appropriate, and to establish
this as a regular
part of site creation and redevelopment projects going forward.
- To use agreed version control systems in all coding projects.
- To train other Team members as appropriate to increase
front end development knowledge
and skills across the team.
- Bachelor's degree
in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred.
Qualifications and Membership
- Any other relevant certification
- 2+ Years of Experience in rapid web
- Demonstrated web development skills, using
Competencies: The ideal
candidate should be proficient or advanced in the following set of area
specific to this position’s level:
- A solid understanding of how web applications
work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Experience with Mobile development
- Team player
- Experience in retail organization or service
industry will be added advantage.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of high
pressure and tight timelines
- Able to work independently without
- Superior verbal
and written communication skills, with an ability for tact and diplomacy
interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
What We Offer
opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team being the
unique opportunity to advance your career to the next level.
unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.